Real Estate Appraiser Jobs in Houston Texas
Resilient Group Appraisals, LLC (d/b/a Houston Appraisal Company) is a leading provider of residential real estate appraisal services in the Houston metro area. Unlike most appraisal firms, we have established a strong presence in the private use, non-lending appraisal market. Only a small portion of our assignments are lender/banking related. Our appraisers are presented with a mix of assignments ranging in complexity and allowing for creativity within their report writing.
Our use of technology and online platforms allow us to offer a competitive salary and a unique employment experience.
RESIDENTIAL APPRAISER POSITIONS AVAILABLE:
Staff Appraiser (Remote) – Houston Metro Area
This is a remote appraiser position open to well qualified appraisers who are proficient with technology including internet usage, online document exchange, Microsoft Office or similar software, tablet PCs, PDF creation, online video chats/webinars and appraisal software.
Full-time compensation will be dependent upon qualifications and includes paid vacation, sick days, and reimbursement of business related expenses.
Staff Appraiser Responsibilities:
The primary responsibility of the Staff Appraiser is to complete assigned residential property appraisal orders according to Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) guidelines, federal and state appraisal laws, and client directives ensuring that quality guidelines are met and that the conclusions reached in the report are accurate and/or appropriate.
Assignments will range from non-complex to highly complex with Intended Uses including, but not limited to, lending, insurance, tax protest, IRS, estate/probate settlement, divorce, etc.
Appraiser will work remotely from their own office and be responsible for scheduling, logging, updating, and uploading completed assignments and all files associated with the “workfile”. All initial contact with clients is handled by our central office. Appraiser is responsible for contacting clients to schedule appointments or answer SPECIFIC questions relating to their completed report.
Appraiser will be responsible for the completion of their report from start to finish and data management including collection, verification, and analysis of sales, pending sales and listings, as well as maintaining other information required for the valuation process.
Appraiser must be available for regular video meetings via Skype or Google Hangouts.
- Complete real estate appraisals that are compliant with Federal and State laws, as well as being done in accordance with Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP).
- Provide industry leading customer service while ensuring the highest level of appraisal quality.
- Represent Houston Appraisal Company with the highest level of ethics, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Communicate effectively with private clients, effectively setting expectations for the appraisal process, delivery and outcome.
- Submits proactive status updates at the order level and responds to all calls/emails/texts in a prompt and professional manner.
- Attends training webinars and conference calls as required.
- Other duties as deemed necessary by management.
Required Job Related Skills and Experience:
- Texas Certified Residential or Certified General Appraiser license in good standing
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in completing residential real estate appraisals
- A minimum of 2 years appraising real estate in the Houston market
- Ability to act independently and consistently make appropriate decisions with minimal guidance and oversight
- Consistently and independently handles all aspects of the job well within a defined territory
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel locally to complete appraisal assignments
Preferred Job Related Skills and Experience:
- Veteran’s Administration (VA) Approval
- FHA Approved appraiser in good standing
- Experience in appraising all types of residential property for various uses
- Working knowledge of Google web applications (including Google Hangouts and Google Documents)
- Strong internet and computer skills
- Ability to print all workfile documents into PDFs for online storage
- Experience with WinTotal software
- Experience using a tablet PC in the field
- Strong technical skills including proficiency in the use of electronic communications and document exchange via the Internet
- Proficiency with a La Mode appraisal software and hardware
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, take initiative, work under time constraints, work with minimal supervision, and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Perform work both indoors and outdoors. This may include being exposed to inclement weather during appraisal inspections
- Strong customer service orientation including handling and often de-escalating issues arising from final opinion of value
- Good oral and written communication skills, interpersonal relations skills, and organizational skills.
- Maintains professional demeanor at all times and professional appearance when dealing with the public (homeowners, real estate agents, clients).
- Ability to reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate, and critique such information as written materials, numerical data, responses to customer needs and/or other work related activities. Proven research and analysis skills.
- Ability to complete work in an acceptable time frame and manage a variety of detailed tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and with accuracy to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives and satisfy internal and external customer needs related to the job.
- Open and flexible when it comes to ongoing training and organizational change
- Willingness, for additional compensation, to sponsor an experienced Appraiser Trainee to help with assignment overflow
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. Be sure to upload a copy of your resume and let us know in detail why you think you’d be a good fit for this position.